Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

matrix keypad interfacing with PIC18F4520

Status
Not open for further replies.

isabella

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i want to use a pic and a keypad to display a description on a lcd.
when you press a certain code the corresponding description of that code must be displayed.
the code must be 2 digits, ranging from 00 to 99.

can any one help me with a sample code for reading the 2 digit code that has been enterd into keypad.
note: after entering the 2 digit code, you must pres ''ENTER" and to erase the entry you must press "CLEAR"
also, the number you enter must be displayed on 7segments as well.

please help

which pic language re using? i can try if u donnt mind in basic.

Hi thanks for replying. I am using mplab and c language. Can anyone help? Please?

isabella, try and check outthe site posted above. i checked it out and i think its ok. one thing i found interesting is that it uses interupt on change on portb which makes it good forr u to do other things with the micro like updating ur seven segment. the res of the code is easy. what u need is maybe a look up table or a select case that will compare the code entered then see if it matches whit the one u ve pre programmed on the micro. hope this helps

thank you for all your replies. i've just been told that i am not good enough to do this project. maybe its the truth. think im going to leave this project for someone that's better.

thanks anyway guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.