Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to multiply analog and digital signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

patelbhavik

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to multiply digital signal and analog signal?

plss suggest me....

If you want an analog output, use a multiplying DAC (digital to analog converter).

If you want a digital output then you convert the analog signal to digital with a ADC (analog to digital converter) and multiply the digital output with the digital signal using a microprocessor.

Depends on what you mean with "digital signal". If it's only 0/1 or +1/-1, a simple circuit can achieve the multiplication, if it's a digital number, the suggested multiplying DAC will do.

Here digital signal can be VCC for 1, and GND for 0. Its just a inverter out that you can use it with Analog signal.
Now "multiplication" word need to be elaborated. Multiplication does produce analog signal as it is when digital is 1 and it produces zero(no signal) when 0. It simple "AND" application.
There are various topologies to implement this.

Depends on what you mean with "digital signal". If it's only 0/1 or +1/-1, a simple circuit can achieve the multiplication, if it's a digital number, the suggested multiplying DAC will do.
hey this is closely related my answer so pllsssss suggest any device which multiply analog and digital signal.....
we have digital forn 1/0 and sine waveas a second input so plssssss we require step size digital output

hey this is closely related my answer so pllsssss suggest any device which multiply analog and digital signal.....
we have digital forn 1/0 and sine waveas a second input so plssssss we require step size digital output
So it sounds like you just want an analog switch that turns the analog signal off and on in response to the digital signal, is that correct?

What are the voltage levels of the analog and digital signals?

i used this logic but every time using and gate ic 4082BP_5V but output always comes stright line...
i m using multisim for prgramm running

The simple answer is an analog switch, e.g. CD405x series, which also offers bipolar supply. For a sign multiplier, an active circuit (usually with an operational amplifier) is required in addition to the analog switch.

can u prvide some related image or simple block diagram for this suggestion

Digital signal is +1,-1.And i have to multiply with analog signals.....Then which simple circuit i use sir.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back