Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project Help Atmel and rf

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabaza

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to build this project for fun but I tried searching for the used Encoder and decoder and I could not find.
Would ht12E and ht12D be sufficient enough for this project?
since ht12E encode 12 bits and ht640 encode 18bits
Also will I be changing parts of the assembly to make it work(I am still new with ATMEL chips)?
Another Q I got a different transmitter/rec modules (in name) , but it has same shape and looks, would it work?
Thanks in advance!!! =)

Last edited:

The components are available, you can search on the net.
You ca use microcontroller from Atmel 89S51 or 89S52 in place of the AT89C51.
The S series controllers are in system programmable and easy to program.

The components are available, you can search on the net.
You ca use microcontroller from Atmel 89S51 or 89S52 in place of the AT89C51.
The S series controllers are in system programmable and easy to program.
Thanks for your response, but I can't find the components here, the ht640 and the ht648 and only way is to import and that would cost too much, so I was wondering if I can use the ht12E and ht12D with that assembly code or I have to change parts, since ht12E encoder is 12 bit encoding while ht640 is 18bit.
and are the S series of same assembly?
Thanks

If the parts you plan to replace are technically compatible, you will have to change the circuit to make it consistent with the one shown.
Assembly code is not expected to change.
89Sxx series are compatible with 8051 family. Same assembly code / hex code will work, additionally you gain new features including in system programmability. This simplifies repeated trial time and effort.

Reactions: kabaza

kabaza

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If the parts you plan to replace are technically compatible, you will have to change the circuit to make it consistent with the one shown.
Assembly code is not expected to change.
89Sxx series are compatible with 8051 family. Same assembly code / hex code will work, additionally you gain new features including in system programmability. This simplifies repeated trial time and effort.
So ht12E is technically compatible with ht640 encoder or not (even tho both encode diffrerent number of bits, so im guessing i will have to change assembly?)?
Thanks for answering question about the 89Sxx

No Not compatible.
The hardware will change, it will affect other working issues.
Refer to the data sheets. Use encoder with same number of bits.
If you are lucky you may get a pin compatible equivalent as well.
Once you have an equivalent for the components, the assembly will not change.
If the encoders / decoders are not pin compatible, what all you need to do is the change the pin numbers in the diagram to see to it that the right signal is connected at the right place. Hope this helps.
Raoof

kabaza

@kabaza--u may use any of the controller(as per the availability and conditions) ex-89s52
using ht12d and ht12e will be a lot easier with these controllers and you only need X number of pins to the decoder/encoder,, where X equals your desired no. of bit transfer...
i.e. 4 pins of controller for 4 bit data transfer..

kabaza

No Not compatible.
The hardware will change, it will affect other working issues.
Refer to the data sheets. Use encoder with same number of bits.
If you are lucky you may get a pin compatible equivalent as well.
Once you have an equivalent for the components, the assembly will not change.
If the encoders / decoders are not pin compatible, what all you need to do is the change the pin numbers in the diagram to see to it that the right signal is connected at the right place. Hope this helps.
Raoof

@kabaza--u may use any of the controller(as per the availability and conditions) ex-89s52
using ht12d and ht12e will be a lot easier with these controllers and you only need X number of pins to the decoder/encoder,, where X equals your desired no. of bit transfer...
i.e. 4 pins of controller for 4 bit data transfer..

Thanks both for help =)

Implementation of the attached project requires full implementation as the device address 0 is included in the address bits otherwise 8 data bits are used there.

@kabaza--
if you want a working diagramatic help(i just made it last month for one of my frnd's rf based robot)...
in the pics,, just a basic (4bit) rf transmitter and reciever is interfaced using decoders and encoders using 8051 series controller...

@kabaza--
if you want a working diagramatic help(i just made it last month for one of my frnd's rf based robot)...
in the pics,, just a basic (4bit) rf transmitter and reciever is interfaced using decoders and encoders using 8051 series controller...

Thanks for reply, I just have couple of questions on rx what is the 2003 IC
secondly would it work with the tx433 and rx433 , likke the ones in this article Running TX433 and RX433 RF modules with AVR microcontrollers | WinAVR AVR-GCC Tutorial
thanks for ur help =)

luk bro, i am not that technical but you can term it like this:
ohh!! that was for making the relays work.. it is basically useful to provide the drain current... it works on the ground only from the battery/supply i.e the current in the ground wire(from the appliances connected to 220V relay) should not go into the controller, so we just bypass it... bcz. if you connect directly the relay to the controller,, the controller will not be able to drain out so much of current and get damaged....so it's a kind of driver ic for any of grounding work ....

just as many a people use l293d for motor driving(rather it is used to supply the source not the ground)..
you may also refer to the datasheet of it...

hope it helps::

luk bro, i am not that technical but you can term it like this:
ohh!! that was for making the relays work.. it is basically useful to provide the drain current... it works on the ground only from the battery/supply i.e the current in the ground wire(from the appliances connected to 220V relay) should not go into the controller, so we just bypass it... bcz. if you connect directly the relay to the controller,, the controller will not be able to drain out so much of current and get damaged....so it's a kind of driver ic for any of grounding work ....

just as many a people use l293d for motor driving(rather it is used to supply the source not the ground)..
you may also refer to the datasheet of it...

hope it helps::
would the circuits u given work with tx and rx i mentioned, thnx =D

yeah, as i said I made that for my frnd,, it was working...

Status
Not open for further replies.