Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

video signal amplifier and rf modulator, how to connect them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I consider the next schematic, which shows three circuits which I would like to combine into one by connecting them together.
The image on the left is a video splitter. The image on the top is an rf modulator and the image on the bottom is a video amplifier.
How should I connect the three modules together to achieve isolation and not much video loss?

A first thought was to connect each of the two inputs of the modulator and amplifier into the outputs of the splitter.
A second thought was to connect the amplifier first, then the splitter and at the outputs of the splitter, the modulator and the video in of the TV.
A third thought was to just connect the inputs of the modulator and the amplifier together and not use the splitter at all.

I am affraid that the adjustments of one module may affect the input signal the other, so I wonder what should I do?

Attachments

• zx80video.gif
    zx80video.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 135

The depends on what your end goal is thought i) if you goal is to transmit the signal as well as have an amplified signal ii) If you want to transmit and watch the video signal as well iii)Here you are amplifying the output and then I presume transmitting somewhere...

I would prefer thought 2, should serve most of the goals in any case. Consider the circuits are impedance matched I do not see too much of an issue of signal noise addition.

The input is from a xz80 computer **broken link removed**
The output is on the TV
If that helps?
I have tested both the modulator and the amplifier and I am satisfied, but I have not tested them both connected on the same circuit. Since I removed the components from the breadboard I have to rebuild them to test them together.

It depends on what your equipment connetion for the system. If the video output from the ZX80 is enough to feed the splitter and to the video transmitter and video monitor. You only connet the splitter to the ZX80 video out, no need to use the video amplifier. But ,if you want to connet the video transmitter or video monitor at a distance away then you need to connect the video amplifier at the output of the splitter before running the cable at that side. And if both the video transmitter and video monitor are at a distance away then you have to connect the video amplifier to to output of ZX80 video out then connect the video splitter to the output of the video amplifier and run the cable to the distance equipments.
Be carefull not to overload the next stage of the system equipment. And the amplifier should on the start position of the branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back