Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

220VDC motor speed control

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
220 vdc regulator

I need a 220VDC motor speed control without speed feedback(tacho) to drive an independ excitation(DC field not permanent magnet) brushed DC motor if possible using SCRs and TCA780/TCA785 IC or even without any complex control. This motor will drive a TIG welding machine wire system.

Regards,

Fernando

220vdc mosfet

I think you still need speed feedback information for speed control. You can either using speed encoder (absolute, incremental, or cheap customized), or using 'sensorless' method.

You can replace the SCR with power mosfet.

What I think you can use is a "standard" light dimmer and bridge rectifier (possibly single diode will work too)...
And you don't need any feedback...

vector control may adapt to the motor speed control.

Hello,
you have two possibilities.
A. To control rotor or stator power supply
B. To control motor power supply

In first case you will have a much better result, in the second case your motor will be with more soft torque/rpm ratio. For both cases i will recommended to use feedback, you can use optical, hal sensors or tacho sensor, if you have a time and experience you can get feedback from the impulse over power supply, generate from collector.

For supply regulation you have many different ways. You can use a very simple, tiristor regulator with phase control, you will regulate the openning moment toward the begin of the period. Other way is using of a PWM control, if your source is a DC. If the motor have a small power then you can use regular linear regulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back