Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

220v AC TO 12v dc POWER SUPPLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mImoto

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I would like to design a power supply for a wireless transmiter (4W max output power with Vin=12V). I don´t know much about power supplies and I would like to design a reliable and more or less small one. I would appreciate any sch. or link.

thanks a lot anyway,

mimoto

I would use a fixed voltage regulator 12v 1 amp type, a transformer with a 12v ac secondry decouple with 2 - .1 micFarads capacitors eather side of the regulator and a 2000 uf resivour capacitor and 1amp rectifiers.
Its a prity much a bog standard circuit that you would find in the regulator data sheet.

Barrybear

I agree with barrybear, this is the most simple solution, just put that in paper. Forgot to put a capacitor at the output for stability, 100uF will do
joni

If youre going to power a RF circuit, you MUST add small (low inductance) caps as close as possible to your preamplifier (SMD's will be the best choice). Also split the Filter cap into 3 parallel ones (e.g 22p||100p||1n) and place one 3-pack on each supply pin of your RF-IC !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back