Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

220 uh nominal inductor,6+a peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

pravardhan

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
desulfator schematic

Hi guys,
I wanted to build an 200uH Ferrite Inductor, probably the Toroid Core. It must be capable of handling current of at least 6A.

So, do any body of you know how to build this?

Thanks in Advance,
PRAVARDHAN

build inductor

Could you give more detail about current ?
AC or DC or mix ?
which waveform ?

battery desulfator schematic

Have a look at the attached inductor design guide.

Reactions: tuanem

tuanem

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
how to build an inductor

Making 200 uH on ferrite toroid for 6A is not a problem if it is for AC and not for GHz range. But if it for DC you need to carefully chose the core, probably with gap. If high frequencies are involved the best way is to talk to application engineer from core vendor.

Best regards,
RF-OM

desulfator inductor

Hi guys,
I wanted to build an 200uH Ferrite Inductor, probably the Toroid Core. It must be capable of handling current of at least 6A.

What frequency, Q, Voltage AC/DC, test parameters, wave form

how to build inductor

Ohh... Guys WHY No reply??

It would be of more help if you people given the instruction to build 1mH and 220uH Inductors.

I have given the links as for as the usage of these 2 inductors are concerned.

Thanks in Advance,
PRAVARDHAN

ferrit inductor 220 uh 6a

Probably because your initial question how to build an inductor was answered and now you are asking about the whole project expertise.

how to build inductors

RF-OM said:
Probably because your initial question how to build an inductor was answered and now you are asking about the whole project expertise.

Hello... I am still asking how to build those inductors and not the whole project!

I want the construction details for the toroid ferrite core inductor.

Give the details regarding the length & thickness(diameter/gauge) and the diameter of the core & number of turns.....

Bye,
PRAVARDHAN

www.ctglabs.com

I read **broken link removed** and look at the schematic http://home.comcast.net/~ddenhardt201263/desulfator/n_channel_schem.gif and I think that current in 220 µH inductor wiil have a peak current of no more than 3 A approximately. No DC and no square wave.
I don't know about current in 1 mH inductor . It depends on how deep is 100 µF discharged during pulse to battery.
Anyway I dont think the two inductor need a lot of calculation. They works for short time and it isn't necessary to reduce losses so you don't need litz wire and core dimensioning. By the way choosing a core is not so easy and depends on what you can find in shops.
I suggest to buy a toroid core similar to that in photo, say 3 cm outer diameter, and tray to wind 10 turns then measure inductance. You can calculate the number of turns N you need remembering that inductance L vary with the square of turns,
L ≈ k N²
then if you change from 10 to 20 turns your L will be 4 times bigger (approximately).
I can't give you any idea about N because it depends strongly on permeability of core material that can vary a lot.
You can use a normal copper wire of about 1 mm diameter. If the turns are close you need enameled copper wire to avoid short circuit between turns.

pravardhan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back