Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS transformer manufacture: Need Margin Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi FvM,

I am after the very thin (3mm wide) margin tape togive creepage distance for primary and secondary windings in isolated smps transformers.

I guess, this isn't an adhesive tape. Are you sure that it's supplied by 3M? What's the material?

it is an adhesive tape....so that it sticks in place at the margin of the coil former.

the material is kind of like masking tape, sort of......as long as its reasonably insulating its ok.

-its for creepage distance ensurance purpose.

no not copper foil.

just enam'd copper wiire

Hi grizedale,
I am using 3M " Polyester Tape with Thermosetting Rubber Adhesive - (2.3 mils total thickness) " for SMPS transformers. These are not available in 3mm width. I have to cut this according to my needs.
Hope will help.

I also assume, that small tape to used as "margin tape" should be available from manufacturers. I couldn't yet locate the requested width of 3 mm, but for prototype prodduction, it's no problem to cut it yourself.

You can find these stuff even at Ebay, mostly from chinese suppliers.

OK thanks,

Though 3mm for Margin Tape is standard, since 2.3mm will not provide the necessary creepage distance required by IEC60950.

I will try ebay, thanks...hopefully it is there.

I am doubtful that Chinese will supply it to the West, as it is not a high volume commodity.....and especially since most Western transformers are wound in China, they would generally have more use for it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back