Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSS IIP3 simulation questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

liletian

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
I want to use PSS to simulate the IIP3, I use port with (RFrf(2.4GHz), RFrf2(2.4G+2.5MHz)), the PSS setting is attached. I used 1000 harmonics so I can get 2.4GHz. The beating frequency is 2.5MHz. However, the results does not looks right. Can anyone comment on my setting?
Can we get the IIP3 using PSS? Not PAC and qpss.
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• pss.JPG
    pss.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 79

Hai
You said - results don't look right. Have you verified them using QPSS with 2 tones or PSS+PAC. As for me, using just PSS with 1000 harmonics isn't a good idea.
Eventually you can measuring this using tran analysis as well.

Hai
You said - results don't look right. Have you verified them using QPSS with 2 tones or PSS+PAC. As for me, using just PSS with 1000 harmonics isn't a good idea.
Eventually you can measuring this using tran analysis as well.

Qpss results are right
Pss is not
Does anyone simulate iip3 using pss ?

As i can remember, once i tried to measure iip3 using PSS only and i already got wrong results.

What simulator do you use ?

Always describe vendor's name, simulator's name and simulator's version correctly.

However, the results does not looks right.
Can anyone comment on my setting?
Can we get the IIP3 using PSS?
Of course, yes.

Show me netlists regarding analysis statements and signal source definitions.
And show me equations for evaluating IIP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.