Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 in 1 Laptop Design Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gselsidi

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I have a tablet/laptop 2-1 design, but I have absolutely no hardware experience and was looking for some help with getting a bare prototype working.

I was in contact with someone at Intel who told me If i could get a hinge design, then they might be interested in investing to get a full prototype.

I have some ideas about the hinge, just need to create it psychically. If anyone is tired of all the horrible convertible, attach/detach keyboard, tablet designs and wants to build something sleek and beautiful please shoot me a PM.

Please have means to turn the design into physical form, doesn't need to be a fully working laptop, just the casing and hinge mechanics. I'm located in the NYC area, but I'm sure we can also communicate effectively remotely if need be.

I look forward hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Elsid

I know some who can design/build it but design costs are high unless you are willing to invest in it. He has a full machine shop and CAD tools but something more than a paper napkin is needed or an angel investor. He specializes in prototypes and any custom tooling.

Tony in Toronto.

I know some who can design/build it but design costs are high unless you are willing to invest in it. He has a full machine shop and CAD tools but something more than a paper napkin is needed or an angel investor. He specializes in prototypes and any custom tooling.

Tony in Toronto.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. As of right not a simple plastic/PCB design is all that's needed not a full blown working prototype. If I had $100K to throw at it I would of build a fully working prototype.

As I mentioned before I am in contact with Intel and they showed interest in investing money to get something fully working, but before that I have to do this first step.

Can you kindly ask if your friend is willing to take an equity stake? Of course after I show him the design and he has some sort of passion for it.

Thanks
Elsid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back