Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 e-i transformers to one e-e transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

trastikata

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have two E-I MOTs with slightly different sizes of the magnetic cores and I would like to rewind them to a single E-E transformer.

Thus my question is - given the difference in the sizes, would it help if I vertically add the "I"-parts to bring the both cores to the same dimensions - please refer to the drawing?

I realize that it wouldn't be the same as if the both were the same size, but even if it doesn't help (I calculated the performance using only the common cross section area), would it harm the performance?

Thank you.

Attachments

• TRF.jpg
    TRF.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 128

there are enough other things involved in this question that the size and shape of the iron is secondary

what are the voltage, current, power, frequency, wave shape, drive, and load of the individual transformers, that you could even consider combining them to one transformer?

what else do you know, that you haven't provided, that may help answering your question?

Hi,

I don't want to sound rude, but I think my question is quite specific - the addition of the "I-elements" with the purpose of equalization of the core sizes as presented on the drawing.

The other "things involved", like transformer power and winding calculation, are not what I am asking an advise for.

Regards

okay

no offense taken

mis-matched iron will increase the gap and the flux leakage
adding the Is between the Es will be worse than just the mis-matched Es

there is also a question of mechanically holding it all together

Status
Not open for further replies.