Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 channel columns GDN-14-100-8-SCX and GDWK-10-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Some time ago I had made this monitors ay well known conventers.
Assumptions:
Learning, discover the world, maybe selling item. Now I thinking – sell them or keep. I like them so decision is hard.
Speakers:
Well known STX
GDN-14-100-8-SCX and GDWK-10-20
Drive
C3200BEE, C521BEE unfortunately cd’ve died
Casing:
Made of MDF 18 mm with a lot reinforces inside. Mahogany veneer
All made very carefully, at home.
It was first time that I had veneer at my hands. Resuluts are not perfect, but from distance doesn’t look bad. Corners are worst. I put lacquer layer, but not too good. With good sun you can see brush marks. I thing that it because I don’t grind as I should.
Costs:
Boards I got for free from my friend who lives in Zielona Góra in Poland. He’s great help for me in similar situation. Veneer is the cheapest one from internet auction.
Except that you need speakers, branch point, soundproof layer,
Quality:
I was surprised cause as for that money it is great device. They play perfect at my room, although without subwoofer, they got beautiful woman vocal and beautiful bass. What need more? I compare with high quality columns – 10 times more expensive, and must say that difference is not big!
Branch point needs small correction ( tweeter was too loud). But for this money it’s a honey for ears.
They can play very loud as GDWK stx doesn’t burn as fast as GDWK by Tonsil.
I really wanted to make great device as it was my first project
Original text comes from https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1520411.html

Status
Not open for further replies.