Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.4GHz antenna design question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wichayen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. I want to design PCB antenna for 2.4GHz. Can anyone help me the way to design.
The 2.4GHz chip that I use require antenna load impedance: 15+j88.

2. Does anyone know free solfware to simulate the power output and polarization?

wichayen said:
1. I want to design PCB antenna for 2.4GHz. Can anyone help me the way to design.
The 2.4GHz chip that I use require antenna load impedance: 15+j88.

2. Does anyone know free solfware to simulate the power output and polarization?
u can use pcaad software for it

I think the best way you do is to use network analyzer if you could find one,you can adjust the impedance in the term of your request. Related to the polarization ,you can consult some materials to design.

in our college we are not having network analyser...we have spectrum analyser..
is it sufficient?

Now, I have only spectrum analyzer. Can you give me some article that guide me to design the antenna shape and some basic antenna knowledge?

Hay wichayen,

you can't find a complex impedance without a VNA.
with a spectrum you can only find the RL (with a coupler and a signal generator),
you can calculate the RL your chip needs to see and measure it as I said.

i am also doing my project in designing an antenna of 2.4ghz freq
wht are the software u have used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back