Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.2 GHZ pll help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junaid Alam

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am developing a 2.2 ghz pll please help especially regarding pll design . please refer Ebooks and other resources for the design. i have uploaded my design specifications in the file attached.

Junaid Alam
Pakistan

there is a lot of application note and literature available:

http://www.minicircuits.com/application.html
**broken link removed** (look for application notes)

simplest way is to use National Semiconductor PLL webench at: **broken link removed**

I am sure that your design will work :)

Hi. I had taken a look at your spec/abstract. You should have some basic PLL parameter to start off your design.

Since you are designing a fixed frequency PLL, presumably you are not concerned about switching speed, but what about yout reference spur suppression, and phase noise requirement.

About your VCO design, things such as VCO tuning voltage level will design your loop filter topology.

Assume some basic spec for your PLL, for eg

Reference spur suppression @100MHz offset: XdBc
Phase Noise
@ 1KHz : -X1dBc/Hz
@10KHz : -X2 dBc/Hz
@100KHz -X3dBc/Hz
@1MHz -X4dBc/Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor