Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1bit DAC in sigma-delta DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun Lin

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just wonder why 1bit DAC should be designed by switch capacitor circuit.
If I design it by only inverter .what is the problem. The inverter is more simple.
Thanks in advance!

A simple inverter may be a good choice for the 1-bit DAC followed by continuous time filter. The possible problems of this DAC are 1) clock jitter and 2) rise and fall time mismatch of the 1-bit DAC (inverter).

gigle said:
A simple inverter may be a good choice for the 1-bit DAC followed by continuous time filter. The possible problems of this DAC are 1) clock jitter and 2) rise and fall time mismatch of the 1-bit DAC (inverter).

Thanks firstly:D. For the first problem you list, I think the clock jitter still effect the switch capacitor, right? Because the switch capacitor circuit still be controled by clock.
I agree with you by problem 2.
Thanks again.

Yes, you are right.

But as long as the BW of the OTA is large enough, a SC filter is less sensitive to clock jitter than a CT filter. The requirement of high BW OTA is the drawback of the SC filter.

Thanks

hey guys off from yr question, i need to design 8 bit a/d converter in cmos, for that i need to design 1 bit d/a. give me some guideline to start my work..

for a/d basic blocks are integrator, comparator and d/a. can u give me some links or guideline which deals with mainly on design cause i know theory behind this.

thakx, yr reply is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.