Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1Ampere Square Wave Current Generator(200Ohms load)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richeek

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have a 18V/18A DC power supply. I want to use this power supply to generate a 1Ampere CURRENT SQUARE WAVE. The load that I am driving is of 200Ohms approximately.

I used a transistor with its base given a square pulse from the function generator. The load is connected on the collector. Emitter is grounded. Transistor is repeatedly going in CUT-OFF and SATURATION. But in this way the maximum current that I am getting is (18V/200ohms) which is quite less.

Now I am not getting how to increase this current using the SAME DC power supply. Problem which I am facing is that potential across load will be (200x1=200V) so how to handle this with 18V DC power supply.
Should I use transformer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely
Richeek

V = R*I = 200 * 1 = 200V

Your square wave genarator output voltage must be 200v.

You can't use transformer at the out of square wave generator. Because transformers work AC and fixed frequency.

You must increase the power supply voltage.

You can use DC/DC 18v to 200v converter.

Could you please tell me the circuit to convert 18V to 200V. I am trying to use boost converter but it is not giving me sufficient current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back