Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16x2 LCD interface to PIC 16F877.

Status
Not open for further replies.

breoTechAT529

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new at this so please bear with me. I need help with the LCD.i am using it in 8 bit mode . the LCD is not even on although everything is connected. I could be making a silly mistake.Need help debugging.

There is an example of building a digital clock using this chip. You can take the LCD part from there and compare it to yours.
Check the code of picnote https://picnote.blogspot.com/2008/06/ds1307-pic16f877a.html.
It contains LCD code in C.
You can download MikroC evaluation and it will work with the code.
--
Amr

Thats good. Actually the MikroC manual have good examples you can build on top of them.
--
Amr

I want to use my LCD to display , but only one line is on.its a 16x2 screen.how can I turn it on OR could the device be faulty ? is there a simpler way of creating a schmitt trigger input without having to build a special circuit for it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back