Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16x2 LCD EFT Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul_mvr

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

In one of my projects i was using a 16X2 lcd display with ATmega 328P micro controller, its failing in EFT test at 2kv and 4kv, its not resetting the micro controller but the screen goes gibberish, it seems like the data lines from micro controller are getting effected, it would be great if you guys can help me out for any possible fixes

thanks in advance.

You should show an instrument photo to make as understand how burst injected to power lines affects the LCD display. A common situation is that either LCD metal frame couples to the instrument case or is connected through a cable so that common mode noise can easily generate false write commands to the LCD controller.

If simple measures like common mode ferrites don't help and you don't want to redesign the LCD mounting and interface, you should consider to comply with acceptance criterion B: self-recoverable temporary loss of function. Presumed the LCD interface provides read functionality, you can periodically check the LCD health status, e.g. by reading back the display data RAM and re-initialize the controller in case of failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.