Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F877A - Programmer and Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekko14

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
16f877a programmer

I'm really newby and I'm trying to find out what is the best programmer for me to make to get success on programming 16F877A and the best software.

Reading several topics in this forum I got a little bit confused if the best option is really JDM or other...

I already made a JDM without success, but I think that the problem was the Serial Port of my notebook which didn't have enough voltage to reach the 13.5v required.

The JDM I built didn't have a 13.5 and 5v source. It was using Serial Port voltage source.

Sorry if I do not use the right terms, but electronic is just my hobby. Actually I'm a chemical engineer.... :eek:)

I'd appreciate a lot if you put here some schematics you think are good for 16F877A and software suggestions...

Thank you in advance

jdm programmer for 16f877a

Its a wel known fact that JDM programmers seldom work - there are plans on the web for the Pro16 parallel port programmer and for the Pickit2 USB programmer.

You can spend your time and money better by buying a proper Microchip Pickit2 or one of the well supported clones / kits like Junebug or the AU group CB0703

16f877a cheap pregrammer

you can try your jdm on a real pc, not a laptop
the not laptop usually have a true 12v on the serial port and so the jdm works.

otherwise you can built this programmer
https://ali3nworld.blogspot.com/
but you will need another programmer to program the chip. after that you will be able to program all the pics you want.
you can also buy a low cost pic programmer on ebay there are plenty of them starting at very low price.
dont buy a jdm based one if you plan to use it on a laptop !
something like this one :
**broken link removed**

pic programmer 16f877a

JDM or even parallel port programmers will not work( at least without special arrangements) on notebooks because of there low voltage operation as opposed to desktop PC.

As suggested by richardc, I will definitely recommend PICkit 2 Starter Kit, its well worth the money and pain you take to build a programmer and get it working!

low voltage serial laptop programmer

Get this ready to use USB based PIC programmer from United 7 and more details regrding suppoted chips can be seen at **broken link removed**. Good luck

16f877 usb programmer

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I live in Brazil and customs here are very restrictive to import electronics, usually they will charge me fees and duties like twice the price or more than the price I bought the electronic stuff from USA, China, India or wherever.

Anyway, if I could not find any good stuff to build, I will try one of those.

Thank you anyway.

I think this forum is really great, very knowledge people trying to help each other.

16f877a

ok
so you can look at this topic :

you have a schematic to power your actual jdm with the usb port
and make the 13,5v from the 5v usb

this should work.

hope this helps.

16f877a jdm

Nekko14 said:
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I live in Brazil and customs here are very restrictive to import electronics, usually they will charge me fees and duties like twice the price or more than the price I bought the electronic stuff from USA, China, India or wherever.

Anyway, if I could not find any good stuff to build, I will try one of those.

Thank you anyway.

I think this forum is really great, very knowledge people trying to help each other.

Hai Nekko14,
Thanks for the Good words. Good luck.

pic programmer software for 16f877a

I made and used a JDM programmer for a while, used with an old NEC laptop. It does work, but I seem to recall that it will NOT work with a 16F877A, only the 16F877, I stand under correction. The software to use is icprog simply open the hex file and write to the device. Good luck!

jdm 16f877a

I am attaching the schematic of JDM programmer which i tested for 16F877A and it works fine.
In this schematic just check the pin assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.