Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F676 BASED 90-290 VAC 5 STEP AUTOMATIC DIGITAL STABLIZER

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahu

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear friend
i am new in pic project.
Pls help me .
[Reward on this project $100-$300. till 30-10-09 only. my mail id{shivendrakumarsahu77@yahoo.com}]

Only one L.T. is required. Please do wiring as per above diagram.
When you connect 95V input from variac the output should be 200V. Now increase input and check output.
When output reaches between 244-245V
preSet Setting and After Setting once relay
R3 goes ON and output will reach near about to 205V. Runcheck all steps.
Low cut shall be work on connecting Jumper J2
If time delay mode is presented the LED blinks sholly at the time of power on.
If voltage is out of range LED blinks fastly. On high voltage buzzer starts beeping slowly.
Sorry, but you need login in

Re: 16F676 BASED 90-290 VAC 5 STEP AUTOMATIC DIGITAL STABLIZ

sahu said:
dear friend
i am new in pic project.
Pls help me .
[Reward on this project $100-$300. till 30-10-09 only. my mail id{shivendrakumarsahu77(at)yahoo.com}]

When you connect 95V input from variac the output should be 200V. Now increase input and check output.
If voltage is out of range LED blinks fastly. On high voltage buzzer starts beeping slowly.
Is this your own Idea or you want to duplicate similar product? There are many Developers and manufacturers in India where you can get the technology for less than the reward offered. Try to find some in the "EFY annual guide" where you'll find more than 300+ Inverter and stabiliser manufacturers where you can also ask for the required technology. Cheers

pranam77 said:
sahu said:
dear friend
i am new in pic project.
Pls help me .
[Reward on this project $100-$300. till 30-10-09 only. my mail id{shivendrakumarsahu77(at)yahoo.com}]

Is this your own Idea or you want to duplicate similar product? There are many Developers and manufacturers in India where you can get the technology for less than the reward offered. Try to find some in the "EFY annual guide" where you'll find more than 300+ Inverter and stabiliser manufacturers where you can also ask for the required technology. Cheers

thanks for replly
can u do it? .if yes pl cont. me at {shivendrakumarsahu77@yahoo.com} if no. pl give me the link or add or mail id of Developers.
thanks

Reactions: rayyan

rayyan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi sahu,
I can help you in this matter. What you said that is alright. If the design is made more easy and compact, how do you like it? Suppose the output is always remain 205v whatever the input from 90 to 250v. Only one Relay and one transformer with single primary and single secondary turn?
Technique will be as follows: With small 8 pin PIc12F675 the line voltage will be kept aroung 100v with phase angle cutting and this 100v will be supplied to the Primary of the transformer and single secondary always make it according to your requirement like 205v or so. Do you like this Idea or want to stick to your design? Whatever your decision, help can be provided to you. Thanks.

Tahmid said:
Hi sahu,
I can help you in this matter. What you said that is alright. If the design is made more easy and compact, how do you like it? Suppose the output is always remain 205v whatever the input from 90 to 250v. Only one Relay and one transformer with single primary and single secondary turn?
Technique will be as follows: With small 8 pin PIc12F675 the line voltage will be kept aroung 100v with phase angle cutting and this 100v will be supplied to the Primary of the transformer and single secondary always make it according to your requirement like 205v or so. Do you like this Idea or want to stick to your design? Whatever your decision, help can be provided to you. Thanks.
thanks for sagasion. we can do it ,but o\p phase angel will changed.my req. pure sine wave o\p as i\p .
so we can used auto tx multy tape .taping chang throuh relay.

hi sahu,
I can help you in this regard,if interested then contact me

aashitech said:
hi sahu,
I can help you in this regard,if interested then contact me
YES I AM interested .BUT 1st of all see the attachment. it preset type not push buton type .if u can do it ,i am sure cantact with you.

Reactions: rayyan

rayyan

hi

i did a try

19_1280393711_thumb.jpg

Fragrance

the image is not clear

Reactions: popy

popy

I know it's old, but here's the clearer version of the image in case someone needs it:

19_1280393711.jpg

I know it's old, but here's the clearer version of the image in case someone needs it:

19_1280393711.jpg

nice ,but it is only 3 step & only i\p voltage show.
it may possible it show i\p & o\p + 5 step or 7 step and with time delay ?

Two series of products I designed and sold in the past were for regulating the mains voltage. One (the economical version) uses relays and the other (the delux version) uses power triacs (made always as full on or off, to replace the mechanical relays).
Let us see what could be your main consumer requirement. I mean the output power @220Vrms (I assume it is 50Hz). This gives us the max load current @220V

I_220 = P_load / 220
Therefore
I_95 = P_load / 95 (the first relay should be rated to work properly at this current)

It seems you look for a regulated output in the range of 200/205 to 239/245. The difference at the limits is for the hysteresis.
Also it seems that the range at the input is 95V (minimum) and 245V (maximum).

Let us calculate the smallest integer number of the output relays which can satisfy the given data for input and output.

If we accept 98V as the minimum instead of 95V, the transformer primary will have 5 taps:
98/100 - 117/120
117/120 - 140/143
140/143 - 167/171
167/171 - 200/205
200/205 - 239/245

In order to avoid a possible short between two inputs of the transformer primary coil or a dead time between transitions, N-1 relays (1P2T) could be used. In this case N_relay= 5-1 = 4 relays.
The disadvantage of using 4 relays instead of 5 is that all may need to be turned on at one interval (the highest or lowest that depends on the topology; for economical or safety)

Note: So far our calculations are approximations since we assume that the various efficiencies in the system are 100%.
To be continued... if you like

Last edited:
Reactions: Tahmid

Tahmid

Two series of products I designed and sold in the past were for regulating the mains voltage. One (the economical version) uses relays and the other (the delux version) uses power triacs (made always as full on or off, to replace the mechanical relays).
Let us see what could be your main consumer requirement. I mean the output power @220Vrms (I assume it is 50Hz). This gives us the max load current @220V

I_220 = P_load / 220
Therefore
I_95 = P_load / 95 (the first relay should be rated to work properly at this current)

It seems you look for a regulated output in the range of 200/205 to 239/245. The difference at the limits is for the hysteresis.
Also it seems that the range at the input is 95V (minimum) and 245V (maximum).

Let us calculate the smallest integer number of the output relays which can satisfy the given data for input and output.

If we accept 98V as the minimum instead of 95V, the transformer primary will have 5 taps:
98/100 - 117/120
117/120 - 140/143
140/143 - 167/171
167/171 - 200/205
200/205 - 239/245

In order to avoid a possible short between two inputs of the transformer primary coil or a dead time between transitions, N-1 relays (1P2T) could be used. In this case N_relay= 5-1 = 4 relays.
The disadvantage of using 4 relays instead of 5 is that all may need to be turned on at one interval (the highest or lowest that depends on the topology; for economical or safety)

Note: So far our calculations are approximations since we assume that the various efficiencies in the system are 100%.
To be continued... if you like

can u post relay connection between stabilizer taping ?

I hope the attached 2 pics are clear enough.

Attachments

• Relays4_01.pdf
    5.4 KB · Views: 546
  • Relays4_02.pdf
    5.5 KB · Views: 491
Reactions: Tahmid

Tahmid

I meant by the delux version, the one I designed for my house and I sold just a few of it (about 17 years ago). It is, by its nature, a costly product and it is hard these days to meet rich people who know what they buy.
On the other hand, when I released the second version (using relays), I was able to buy a new car in a few months.
The delux version didn't cover even the cost of its design :smile: . But, in the least, I still enjoy its advantages personally (very quiet).

Are you still interested in the delux version? I guess you are :wink:

Its idea is simple; each tap will have its own triac.
The ciritical point in designing its controller is to let the transition between one tap to another occur properly. This means:
(a1) The transition should not skip one or more taps to keep the transient magnetizing current as low as possible.
(a2) The gate driving current should be DC (after a proper start) so that the triac stays in the on state for all sorts of load.
(a3) The triac should be on for complete cycles (even number of half cycles) before going to another tap.
(a4) The most important is to avoid two triacs being ON at the same time. Ideally one should monitor the mains current. And when it goes to zero, another triac can be turned ON (when necessary). Practically, I just preset a 3ms delay after zero crossing as a worst case for the magnetizing current of the actual power transformer to return to zero.

Also:
(b1) The triac ratings (voltage and current) are different at each tap though I used the same triac type for all, since I had no other choice.
(b2) Increasing the number of taps is recommended to get a good regulation. I used 6 triacs (to reduce the cost) between 150V and 250V to get an output around 205 - 225V

Anything else? :smile:

Reactions: PA3040

PA3040

KerimF,
For your circuits, do you use comparators/opamps or microcontroller? For the 4 relay version that you talked about, what are the exact transformer tapping voltages?

It seems you look for a regulated output in the range of 200/205 to 239/245.

What would be required to bring the range down to 200/205 to around 230?

Thanks.

Since I am talking about old designs... I used opamps only (LM324 if I remember well) for the relay version.

Added:
I look in my archive... there is also CD4013 (D flip flop)...
Wow... it seems I forgot why I made it very complex! :grin:

Last edited:

What would be required to bring the range down to 200/205 to around 230?

Did you design newer similar relay based stabilizers with microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back