Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control 12v Dc motor speed using 8051.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vudiepdh1

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all ! I want to control 12v Dc motor speed using 8051. Many people say i should use Pwm to control motor speed . So please tell me how does it work and how to do it with 8051 . I am using c ! Thank

No worries ..
Don’t forget about a driver (BJT or MOSFET) between microcontroller and motor ..
In both cases working with the 8051-derivatives require a 10k (or less) pull-up resistor attached to the pin that drives the MOSFET ..
See attached picture ..

Rgds,
IanP

Thank for reply Ianp ! I have got some transistor H1061 . Can i use it in this case !?

Hallo,
You must know; they are BJT, 100V max 4A !

These transistors hase Hfe(~Beta) min 50>> if your motor need 2-3A, their Ibasis will be 2A/50=40mA, you need maybe an ULN or a second transistor (basis)driver and resistors in the basis circuits...
K.

vudiepdh1 said:
Hi all ! I want to control 12v Dc motor speed using 8051. Many people say i should use Pwm to control motor speed . So please tell me how does it work and how to do it with 8051 . I am using c ! Thank

Hi,

I like to add additional comment for your requirement. Think about the feedback part of the motor to maintain speed. if the accuracy of the motor speed really required.

In this case you can use motor with encoder to give feedback to the controller

more information about the optical encoder found from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_encoder

regards
bassa

Hi, I am using L293 as transistor. I am wondering if I can use L293 with 8051 PWM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back