Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subwoofer 150W based on STX and 2x TDA7294

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

I use that subwoofer with home cinema system. I decided to makde it because original passive construction is not real subwoofer at all, it's just small box 10-15l and bass were so low. I wanted to have very deep bass, that makes watching movies more impressive, and of course nicier sound effects while listening to the music. My choice was STX GDN-27-150-8-SS speakers, i wanted to get bigger but it's parameters are worse. After I had ordered, i started to built casing. Problem was to set right cubature. I used WinsBet software for calculation. Finally i decided to built 75l adjust on 31 Hz and freforced from inside so all construction is stable and solid. All device is stick and patent. Stick haave made unnice surprise for me, after few months it had drawed up so at some places didin't look nice. After I had placed all casing elements, now it was time for amplifier and extra parts. I've decided to based on TD7294 150W with 8ohms. I've already tested this system and can say it's good. Extra elements are: low-pass filter with regulation of frequenty cut and sound level, phase shifter and system of late starting speaker. Listening tests are correct with assumption - bass is deep and strong and it's quiette nice to listen.

original text at https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1417797.html?sid=c1867a5a53fa2358dd28a81899193b4d

May you want upgrade your subwoofer with that..:
youtube.com/watch?v=F3XnTlxrRTM

Status
Not open for further replies.