Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 Channel PT1000 readout breakout card with adjustable again and offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am looking for 16 channel readout breakout card for PT 1000 with analog output on which I can change the gain and offset on each channel by replacing the resistor on the PCB. The analog output signal I am planning to connect to Microcontroller.

Hi,

in the past 25 years of electronic design I never replaced resistors to adjust gain or offset.
I mean, it´s a valid way.
But I found it more convenient, faster, accurate and cost effective to do the same on the digital (software) side.

Klaus

Maybe something like this in a PSOC -

1669985265949.png

Single chip solution.

Regards, Dana.

Alright, then how about 16 channel PT1000 readout card with analog outputs for each channel ?

I already have a Microcontroller based DAQ setup with software that can accept 16 analog inputs. I am looking for 16 channel PT1000 readout card with analog outputs.

Hi,

If you want it simple: just use a stable and accurate power supply / reference voltage and use an accurate pullup resistor (1k Ohms) for each PT1000.
That´s basically all you need.

We don´t know
* what temperature range you are interested in
* what sampling rate (or signal bandwidth) you need
* what accuracy, precision and resolution you need
* your mathematical and software skills

When converting analog signals to digital ones I always recommend to use a cutoff filter. In your case a simple capacitor would do. For sure it´s value depends on your application requirements.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.