Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 bit microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijayji

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody tell me about the any simpler one 16 bit microcontroller..i did work on at89c51 one 0f 8 bit microcontroller but now for my one project i need 16 bit microcontroller..

Renesas can be added in the list

Hi,
I've used the PIC24 and liked it very much (except the fact that 24F doesn't have EEPROM). You could use PIC24F and PIC24H as well as dsPIC30/33 but the DSP part may be unnecessary. You can also look at microcontrollers from other organizations like Renesas, Freescale, ST and maybe ATMEL (ATxMEGA? not sure).

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Hi

Try the MSP430 from Ti - from my point of view it is the best micro (for the 16 bit range) easy to work with and a good support from TI

I have done many project using the MSP430 and i wouldn't replace it with PIC24 , RENESAS or other 16 bit I worked with (I have done project with allmost all microcontroller's)

All the best

Bobi

M16C series microcontrollers from RENESAS. Very easy to use.

If you don't need a true 16 bits MCU, you can use a MCU with a 16 bits core and 8 bits peripherals... I would suggest Renesas R8C family. It's the lowest cost solution for a 16 bits performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back