Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

15V 3A power Supply problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudarshann

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am in need of a DC Supply 15V @ 3A.
My requirements are 15V-18V is the limit i need which does not mean i need to vary between the limit. the supply can be with the at limit any value for the device(https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking...O6_50W_5A_Balancer_Charger_w_accessories.html).

so i tried with a transformer 0-15V 3A rating i connected a bridge rectifier rated 4A and Capacitor 1000uf
i get a output of 22.XX volt as output. any my device says over voltage.

how can i reduce the voltage to the limit between 15-18 Volt. I tried to find some suitable voltage regulators but i couldnt get them in my local shops.
is there any other simple solution to reduce the voltage. can i use resistors if so what value and power rating.

i know that voltage will drop when the load is connected but this device is intelligent it detects the voltage even before connecting to load.

any solution welcomed

Thank you

Dear sudarshann
Hi
I think a simple LM2576 can solve your problem as well .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Dear sudarshann
Hi
I think a simple LM2576 can solve your problem as well .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

LM2576T-XX i think XX is the output voltage i get only values for 5v and 12v in my area for almost all kinds

but i get lm7815

can i parallel 3 of them for 3A ?

It has a famous Family ! LM2576 ADJ . you can use a potentiometer control your out put voltage in desired value .

- - - Updated - - -

BTW : 7815 , will has large value of dissipation .

ok i will try to get that

Thanks very much for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.