Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exporting an ADS model to Microwave Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptikola

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
eehemt

Dear all,

I would like to simulate an PA in microwave office for my MSc Project with the ATF 50189 from avago technologies but I have some issues to export the ADS model (zap file) of this transistor to Microwave Office AWR.

Do you know how to do it?

I think it is possible to export from ADS to Spice and then Spice to Microwave Office but I don't know how to do it.

The worst solution for me would be to open the model in ads and then create it in AWR (copy paste the parameters and the circuit, it will be easy to do a mistake...), I hope that you have a better one...

Thank you in advance for your help

microwave office awr zap

Hello ptikola,

The only way is the last option what you mentioned...
But you can make it less errors or no mistaks in recreating the schematic equivalent of ADS model...

First Open in ADS Schematic editor then note down the FET model used say STATZ or CURTICE or EEHEMT with detailed parameters & the parasitic elements...

Then come back to AWR MWO find the equivalent Nonlinear Model & enter the
parameter ...Here you need to little bit careful about the units used may be different from the Agilent ADS model...Complet all connections

Then check the IV Curves & S-parameters with ideal bias conditions,
it shold match if not verify the schematic...

---manju---

ptikola

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ads to spice

Ok thank you. I did it to copy paste all the parameters and the circuit.
But I couldn't manage to make it work, so I am starting with a new one which is this time in the library...lol

Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back