Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to open a .wav file and read the whole file as HEX code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertkids

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, can anyone tell me how i can open a .wav file and can read the whole file as HEX code?
if i open with notepad then it show all rubbish code except the word (RIFF, etc) that can define in ASCII table. thanks for your help!

wav to hexadecimal

wat about if u read it in Matlab and convert them into Hexadecimal numbers, copy all the data from there and its sampling frequency, and then do it any where you like it.

read wav file and write in hex

engr_najam said:
wat about if u read it in Matlab and convert them into Hexadecimal numbers, copy all the data from there and its sampling frequency, and then do it any where you like it.

thanks for your advice,but i dun know how to read it in Matlab?can u tell me how to open?because when i use open file, it just show all in decimal number, not in Hex code..thanks for your help...

wav в hex

desertkids said:
Hi, can anyone tell me how i can open a .wav file and can read the whole file as HEX code?
if i open with notepad then it show all rubbish code except the word (RIFF, etc) that can define in ASCII table. thanks for your help!

Use Hexedit.
https://www.catch22.net/software/hexedit

how to read .wav files in hex

AdvaRes said:
desertkids said:

Use Hexedit.
https://www.catch22.net/software/hexedit

oh yes!thanks for your help!i get it..

Status
Not open for further replies.