Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile Charger Through the USB Port from Vehicle Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankavit

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bike mobile charger circuit

Hai all,

I am new to this and would like you to clarify my doubt. Here goes...

I need to provide a charger from a Bike's Battery (12V) to charge a mobile phone using the phone's USB.
My problem is that, Motorola Phones do not enter charging mode at all. My MP3 charges, but not my Motorola Phone. But using the same USB Cable, the phone charges in the PC. Can anyone guide me here? I am a little lost :)

mobile charger in bike circuit

Hai sankavit,
the problem was that you need to read protocols of your phone.
Because the battery of a Motorola Phone only charges when it is connected with an external device like PC, your original charger,etc.
However you can modify your original Motorola charger in such a way that remove the AC to DC converter circuit from that or bypass it and directly provide the DC supply to your charger and then try to charge your phone That will works perfectly ok.

mobile charger for bike circuit

thank you so much for your reply, but my problem is that I have a USB 2.0 to mini USB Cable and not a charger. So, is there any way that we can use it directly through a regulated 5V?

usb to vehicle charges

Hi sankavit,

I remember reading something about voltage levels on D+ in a spec somewhere in regard to charging USB devices. The only problem is that there is a fair ammount of conflicting ideas on the internet. Best bet is lookup the USB spec directly, or google search to see if anyone has made a pullup/down hack that works.

Good luck,
BoB

charge batteries with my usb port

CLICK this website ;about motorola charger;
**broken link removed**
it,s said the yellow wire is connet a resistor (220K) to GND

vehicle usb port

sankavit said:
Hai all,

I am new to this and would like you to clarify my doubt. Here goes...

I need to provide a charger from a Bike's Battery (12V) to charge a mobile phone using the phone's USB.
My problem is that, Motorola Phones do not enter charging mode at all. My MP3 charges, but not my Motorola Phone. But using the same USB Cable, the phone charges in the PC. Can anyone guide me here? I am a little lost :)

Connect two 33K resistors from +5v dc pin to each D+ and D- pins of the USB port and then connect it to the phone. Your phone should charge now. Good luck

usb port charges

Than you so much... Wil try out these ideas and get back to you. we tried connecting the D+ and D- to ground , but they did not work. will let you know in a day or two

usb port mobile charger

Dear all,

I tried giving pull-up and pull-down but it did not work...

On checking the Datacable and the Charger for the mobile, i found that the + & - in the charger and in the USB are at different locations. But the mobile charges fine through the datacable, when use from the system..
can u ppl help me here?

Status
Not open for further replies.