Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

14.3 GHz Printed Dipol Antenna Design, can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serefbilge

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need to design a printed dipol antenna working at 14.3 GHz in CST MWS. I searched, but couldn't find a design at this frequency. Can anybody help me?

What is exactly the problem? Finding a finished design at exactly your frequency or what?

What substrate are you going to use (thickness, Er)?

Yes, I need a finished design. Parameters of substrate should be (epsilonr=2.08, substrate thickness=1mm) or, (epsilonr=4.9, substrate thickness=1.6mm). Thanks for answer...

I don't think you'll have the luck to find a finished design. I suggest you to start from the scratch, simulating simple (printed) dipole structures. First without the substrate, then with it. I would also suggest you to use small Er and thin substrate than large Er and thick one because of surface modes in the substrate.

Hmm, bad luck for me. I tried to design. I changed parameters of a design working at another frequency; and I catched 14.3 GHz, but farfield pattern wasn't a dipole pattern anymore.

Thanks for answer

Attach the picture of your structure for us to see what you're simulating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back