Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flicker noise simulation in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

naisare

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence noise simulation

Hi,

I would like to do the flicker noise(1/f noise) simulation of differential opamp using cadence tool.

Which analysis I should do? Is it noise , pnoise or pss analysis?
How to give the necessary parameters for these analysis? Do anyone have an example schematic for noise simulation?

Thanks

noise simulation cadence

You just have to put your opamp in the right DC operating point, (also the common mode) and then do a noise analisis. If your transistor models include the 1/f noise, and they normally do, you would get the right results.

You will see that you have 1/f noise in your models because your noise spectral density plot (noise vs frequency) shows higher noise at low frequencies decreasing with freq(1/f)

plot flicker noise cadence

Thanks..
I could get the flicker noise plot with noise analysis.

Now, I used choper stabalization method to remove this flicker noise.
But there is no change in the flicker noise result after the choping also.
I expect the PSD should show the flicker noise shifted to choping frequency.

I expect the problem in the simulation rather than in design, since the design is already proven..

Since the chopping method needs transient simulation, Is it ok if I do only the noise analysis which is purely frequency sweep. or do I need to do PSS simulation also..

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.