Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V to -24V inverting dc /dc power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pishty

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
12V to -24V

I have a project in witch i need to change the output voltage of a circuit from 12 V to -24 V, I think using an amplifier to raise the voltage to 24 and then an inverter to make it "negative" would be OK. Can you give me some examples of IC's for getting the revrse voltage ?I know that theese king of IC's can easily be found and bought on the internet but i'm intrested in high efficiency and low error value.
thanks

Re: 12V to -24V

I could think of one possible solutions to ur problem. You can use DC-DC conveters for doing this sort of votage level translation. But they are somewhat costly but very effective.
Visit the site of micromax for such converters

Re: 12V to -24V

To generate a negative voltage from a positive dc voltage you will need a inductor or transformer. The app note below shows a method.
If you need low power on the negative (less than ~10-30mA), a charge pump could be used.

Create an Inverting Power Supply from a Step-Down Regulator
**broken link removed**

Also, an excel spreadsheet goes along with the app note.
https://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/swiftinv-calc.html

ok but i could think about another solution for getting reverse voltage, I am talking about inverting the plarities received from the voltage source do you think that it is a solution?so originaly i have 12v output from the circuit , if i revers the polarities of the voltage source i can get -12v and then i just have to use an amplifier to get it to -24 .but i am not really shure if this will work ,any sugestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back