Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V 5A needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klajunas1

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have a mini wind turbine that generates 25 - 29V but it gives me only 100mA. I need 12V 5A - how could I achieve this?

Hi,

let´s say 26V and 100mA. This gives 2.6W
but you want 12V x 5A = 60W,

You can´t ignore law of physics.

So for continous power you can´t expect much more than 2W. (2.6W reduced to 2W because of expectable loss)

Thus the only way is to work "discontinous".
Store 2W for 1 hour (example) into a battery and you have 2 WattHour of energy in your battery.
If you have a suitable battery than it may deliver 60W for 2Watthour/60W = 1/30 hour = 2 minutes.
.. oh, I forgot to reduce it by the expectable loss, so better expect 1.5minutes.

Klaus

Hi,

let´s say 26V and 100mA. This gives 2.6W
but you want 12V x 5A = 60W,

You can´t ignore law of physics.

So for continous power you can´t expect much more than 2W. (2.6W reduced to 2W because of expectable loss)

Thus the only way is to work "discontinous".
Store 2W for 1 hour (example) into a battery and you have 2 WattHour of energy in your battery.
If you have a suitable battery than it may deliver 60W for 2Watthour/60W = 1/30 hour = 2 minutes.
.. oh, I forgot to reduce it by the expectable loss, so better expect 1.5minutes.

Klaus
OP only needs 24 more of these...

Other threads were about solar panels that I was thinking about but this thread is different with a wind turbine.
I hope over-unity will not use the wind turbine generator to power the fan.

Also, the fan needs to be 24/7 times the size of the wind turbine to be able to blow hot clouds into the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back