Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12F635 + BT136 600E + MOC3021 + a newbie = Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

financecatalyst

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
moc3021

Hello everyone
I am new to this forum and need help in doing a fan/light dimmer project. Problem is that I dont have a clue of where to begin. I have searched the net to find schematics to connect the above three, nothing is satisfactory. So reading posts in this forum it looks like huge knowledge and help is available for someone like me. So I have following requests to make:
1) Has anyone got a WORKING schematic for the above to dim a fan/light.
2) I have read many codes, but have understood very little as it ACTUALLY is very complicated. BUT I have decided not to backoff & giveup untill I controll the speed of my bloody fan with the above three. Any help with this as well will be much appreciated.
I will be happy to provide any information you need from me. I am all set to follow any useful advise.
Many Thanks

bt136 schematic

If you have searched the net, you should have found an application note from microchip.

As you decided to use an optocoupler MOC3021 it will be more easier. you can connect any pin of micro to moc3021.

Nandhu

12f635

nandhu015 said:
If you have searched the net, you should have found an application note from microchip.

As you decided to use an optocoupler MOC3021 it will be more easier. you can connect any pin of micro to moc3021.

Nandhu

Thanks for the reply. Can't find what you are saying. Please be kind enough to post the link if you can.
Regards

fan speed controller moc3021

Here it is

Code:
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1824&appnote=en011202

Nandhu

bt136 moc3021

nandhu015 said:
Here it is

Code:
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1824&appnote=en011202

Nandhu
Thanks for the reply BUT, neither that circuit uses BT136 & neither MOC3021. Any other relevant advise?

bt136 600e

this should help a lot ...

Attachments

• e011030_4141.pdf
    712.1 KB · Views: 203

Status
Not open for further replies.