Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

128*64 pixel LCD connected to PHP through an ATMega16

Status
Not open for further replies.

strombom

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Say hello to my LCD ;)

Hi!

I put together a 128*64 pixel LCD and connected to PHP through an ATMega16 :p

**broken link removed**

/Johan

Re: Say hello to my LCD ;)

COOL :)
excellent work!
give us more information

Very nice!
How did you do to connect your atmega to internet???
Did you implement tcp/ip stack, etc...
S.

Say hello to my LCD ;)

If uou have a look at the Breadboard , it must be via the RS232 chip in top of pic.

He hasnt gotten any wires besides those to LCD , and the M16 doesnt have external memory I/F.

But its a Cute little demo :)

/Bingo

Hi!

Oh, I didn't implement a tcp/ip stack ! ;)

LCD -> ATMega16 -> SerialPort -> PC -> Visualbasic software -> PHP script -> Internet

If you ask I can give you more specifik information but as I said, it's a very simple setup... :)

/Johan

hmm the link isnt working for me.

it might be because i use a strange port (1235), sorry but my isp doesn't allow me to have a server on port 80 :(

/Johan

Erm, WOW.

I'm not impressed by much, but that is pure genius!
It's a fantastic example of what electronics can do using lots of different little things and putting them together. I sent a couple of cheeky messages while I was there, hope you don't mind. It was very popular though, full of messages.

Btw. I'm completely new to LCD, and I think I'm gonna jump in the deep end and start off getting a graphic LCD. I realise I will need a fair bit of memory to store all the characters/pictures/etc.. but I'm sure atmel or a big PIC could do it. If you've got any tips for someone new to LCD's (graphic or otherwise) I'd be grateful to hear them.

Buried(in)Code.

P.s: I'm rifling through your sourcecode now :)

how to made web server on your computer ? and config server ?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.