Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

125 KHz Up down converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

guytoub

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I want to built an up/down converter to convert a 125 KHz signal into 2 ghz
Does anyone know the best component or the best way for do that.

i found the AD8343

Regards

Please explain what you want to achieve. I guess you won't be able to filter lower and upper sideband with 250 kHz separation. Are you asking for single side band conversion? It would involve a quadrature mixer.

Please explain what you want to achieve. I guess you won't be able to filter lower and upper sideband with 250 kHz separation. Are you asking for single side band conversion? It would involve a quadrature mixer.
i want to convert the 125khz (rfid) signal to a 2Ghz signal using a mixer and oscillator.
I don't know if my question is clear enough.

A mixer generates two output components, fosc-fmod and fosc+fmod. Is this what you want?

Sorry,
yes ,this is what i want . building a chain with a mixer and an oscilator .

Heed what FvM is telling you. Mixing 2Ghz with 125KHz is technically easy but you get TWO very close frequencies out of the mixer and it would be very hard to select one from the other. The mixer outputs would be:
1999.875MHz and 2000.125MHz, so close together that a complex filter would be needed to isolate them.

Brian.

if you use something called a Single Sideband Modulator, the LO leakage and the unwanted upconversion product will be suppressed.

1635389557584.png

Status
Not open for further replies.