Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 125 Khz Coil antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

guytoub

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I want to built a 125khz coil antenna but i don't know how to calculate it.
do someone have any idea please?
i want to simulate i in CST

Thanks

125 kHz has become a frequency often used for RFID. Ordinarily a long wire suspended outdoors is recommended to pick up radio broadcasts at a distance.
If you're interested in RFID system, the link below relates to the same question as yours.

https://electronics.stackexchange.c...design-125khz-antenna-for-1-meter-rfid-reader

It states: "LF RFID is primarily near field inductive power transfer."
Which is saying electromagnetic waves are not a chief ingredient.

The discussion advises trial and error.

Good morning,
the object of my study is for RFID tag reading.
the idea is to make a coil to capture this frequency at 125 khz but that it is small.
I want to model it on CST or ADS. I know how to make miscrostrip antennas but I have never done this kind of study at low frequency.
Should I make a representation in R,LC?
if you have examples of study and modeling even on different frequencies I am interested.

Common practice is to tune a coil & capacitor tank circuit so it resonates at your desired frequency. Since you want high Q this is achieved with a high L:C ratio.

Selection of values depends on how much current is available to operate (or drive) the LC pair.
Say it's a few mA and 0.1 V. Suitable values to start with: 16 uH, 100 nF.

Simulation shows it has a pronounced peak at 125 kHz.

Common practice is to tune a coil & capacitor tank circuit so it resonates at your desired frequency. Since you want high Q this is achieved with a high L:C ratio.

Selection of values depends on how much current is available to operate (or drive) the LC pair.
Say it's a few mA and 0.1 V. Suitable values to start with: 16 uH, 100 nF.

Simulation shows it has a pronounced peak at 125 kHz.
Thanks ,

i tried it and it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back