Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using Sony Ericsson phone instead gprs modem for 8051 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsm

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sony ericsson using pc suite as modem

Hi,
I am interfacing microcontroller with GPRS modem. can i use Sony Ericsson phone instead gprs modem ? something like connecting pc to gprs via Sony Ericsson pc suite ,

Please help me finding out the solution

gsm said:
Hi,
I am interfacing microcontroller with GPRS modem. can i use Sony Ericsson phone instead gprs modem ? something like connecting pc to gprs via Sony Ericsson pc suite ,

Please help me finding out the solution

Greetings,

-According your phone model, search for the data-cable pinout, also purchase a data-cable (easy way) or just sold cables to tx, rx and gnd phone pins building an interface to you MCU, better if it has uart.

-May be, you need to build a 3V to 5V interface by voltage dividing.

-Now, you have an interface from you phone to your MCU. Try programming on it a simple at+command, for example, send "ATD anyphonenumber;"+<13> (CR)
This calls to anyphonenumber phone; and check the interface is working....

Best regards...

Greetings,

-According your phone model, search for the data-cable pinout, also purchase a data-cable (easy way) or just sold cables to tx, rx and gnd phone pins building an interface to you MCU, better if it has uart.

-May be, you need to build a 3V to 5V interface by voltage dividing.

-Now, you have an interface from you phone to your MCU. Try programming on it a simple at+command, for example, send "ATD anyphonenumber;"+<13> (CR)
This calls to anyphonenumber phone; and check the interface is working....

Best regards...

Hi Sir,

Can you send the details of this?much better if you post the connection diagram of this...tnx..

Status
Not open for further replies.