Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 volt dc to 3 volt dc convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcaltrds

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3 volt dc regulator circuit

I have a small electronic compass in my truck that runs off a 3 volt lithium battery. I want to hard wire it to the truck electrical system, but need to reduce the voltage to 3 volts. Not sure of exact current draw, but considering the battery last 6-12 months it must be very small.

how do i reduce 12 volt to 3 volt

Hi ,
You wants a linear regulator?
If Yes, you can use a variable IC coltage regulator like LM317, It is inexpensive and very easy to find, You can set teh voltage to 3 volts with 2 resistors.
Jose

12 volt in to 3 volt

As Jose said, you can use LM317 varaiable regulator, along with a heatsink, I don't think that the current will be more than 1A. If so then you can switch to DC DC converter.

12 volt to 3 volt zener diode

In converting from 12V to 3V even with smaller current, you will face a heat problem. Simple calculation: (12-3)V*1A=9VA, you need a big heatsink for it. Use lm2574/75/76, simple , easy and robust DC-DC converter.

12 volt to 3 volt regulator

I think
If this equipment use a battery , the current must be very low, maybe lower than 20mA. in this case a linear regulator is enough, You must check what current you need to supply....
Jose

reduce 5 volt to 3 volt

do you use it in truck?

it is USB connection / 1394 connection.maybe can help you.

[/url]http://www.sun-yuan.com/english/readnews.asp?id=34

Candy[/url]

simple 12-3 volt converter

hey

Use a buck convertor. Should be quiet easy.

if u r unable to make LM regulator circuit then i will recommend u to use a car mobile charger giving almost 3.6V in standard and 3 to 5V are also there

One easy way is to use a 3V zener diode and a resistor, if the current to the compass is small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back