Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 v battery and diode with 12 v battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakgupta.rf

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello sir,
when diode ' s both side have same voltage 12v.
e.g. 12 v 1amp adapter in one side ,then its positive leg with 1n4007 diode(forward direction ) connecting to 12 v 7 ah lead acid smf battery 's positive terminal and negative terminal of both are common .
adapter will charge battery till battery get its full 12 v then after getting full charge diode's both side have same voltage 12 v
then in that condition does adapter will give current to battey always or will stop current to charge battey ?

please solve me problem soon thanks,i want to apply this in some industrial application.

Hi;
I think battery will charged to below 12 V -as traditional diode forward voltage 0,7V- around 11,3V. Then the current flow should stop.

To fully charge a 12 V lead acid battery, you'll need about 13.8 to 14.4V constant voltage (different for trickle charge or intervall charge). Also the DC adaptor needs current limiting according to the rated charge current of the battery. Most sealed lead acid batteries have these parameters printed on the case, so there should be no doubt about it.

There are dedicated batter charging power supplies available, also some general purpose AC/DC converters are suited for this operation, but not all.

Normally, no diode between battery and DC supply is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back