Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12-16 bit ADC needed - which IC should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yousafzai82

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ADC

Hi Everyone

I am new in the field of Microcontroller please help me. It is urgent..

1) I need 12-16 bit adc, which IC should i use?
2) How can i send this data to PC?

Zahoor Ahmad

Re: ADC

try MAXIM, a lot of ADC that you can choose, and use RS232 or USB to transfer the data to the PC

Thanks Erio

Please also let me know if i can send the data through USM modem on the server? What will be the data format? How can i detect this signal on the screen as it was Analog signal?

Sorry if my questions are too foolish.

as im a beginner too in microcontroller, i cannot answer your question, sorry..but maybe someone know the answer..
besrt regards,

Erio

ADC

Hi,
Take a look at:
1) PIC24HJ
2) ATxmega
3) dsPIC33F

All these have 12 bit ADC and can send data to PC with serial port.
Tahmid.

ADC

Thanks Tahmid and Amraldo..

Can you please tell me how can i interface the output with GPRS Modem or GPRS Module??

Also help me about coding if you can as i am working with Microcontrollers for the first time.

hii yousafzai82,

If you want to connect micro to your PC it's easy, I used atmega 8535 and my compiler bascom AVR. For level converter from TTL to UART 232 I used Max 232
you can see the schematic sample from this link

https://www.qsl.net/pa3ckr/bascom and avr/rs232/index.html

this the sample code
Code:
'==================================
' This is declaration
'==================================
$regfile = "m8535.dat"                               ' specify the used micro
$crystal = 4000000                                    ' used crystal frequency
$baud = 19200                                          ' use baud rate
$hwstack = 32                                           ' default use 32 for the hardwarestac
$swstack = 10                                           ' default use 10 for the SW stack
$framesize = 40

Main:
do
Print "TEST DATA"
loop
end

for see this data are received by the computer you open you hyper terminal, and se the baudrate same as above (baud = 19200), if your setting and connection right you can see the data at the hyperterminal.

if you want to use PC and GPRS modem (with uart protocol) in the same time you must choose IC with 2 uart or you can modified the the IC UART (max 232) using multiplekser. I use 4051 multiplekser to select what device will connect to micro. I use this when my project using RFID, PC and Micro.

for communicate with GPRS modem, I thinks it same as communicate with Handphone I use AT Command. You must learn AT command. I used siemens C45 and cable uart 232 and also LCD 2x16. you can see the source code for test connection

this the good link for start to lear AT command
https://www.developershome.com/sms/cmgsCommand.asp

Code:
$regfile = "m8535.dat"                                      ' specify the used micro
$crystal = 4000000                                          ' used crystal frequency
$baud = 19200                                               ' use baud rate
$hwstack = 32                                               ' default use 32 for the hardware stack
$swstack = 10                                               ' default use 10 for the SW stack
$framesize = 40                                             ' default use 40 for the frame space

Dim Temp1 As String * 1
Dim Compc As String * 160
Dim Dataoperator As String * 3
Dim Data1 As String * 16
Dim Data2 As String * 16

'=====
'configure lcd
'=====
Config Lcdpin = Pin , Db4 = Portc.4 , Db5 = Portc.5 , Db6 = Portc.6 , Db7 = Portc.7 , E = Portc.1 , Rs = Portc.3
Config Lcd = 16 * 2                                         'configure lcd screen

Cls
Cursor Off Noblink

'======================
' Send data to handphone
'======================
Print "AT" + Chr(13) 

'=============='
' wait resoponse from HP 
' usually response are "CR+LF+OK" if the at command is right, but some AT command like AT+CMGR(for read sms) or AT+CMGS(for send sms)  not response with OK but  CR+LF+character ">"
'==============
Do
     Temp1 = Waitkey()
     Compc = Compc + Temp1
Loop Until Temp1 = "K" ' this for check the last character that send by Handphone

locate 1,1
LCD "Conection Succes"

Hope this useful for you

DENY (BODAT'Z)

Status
Not open for further replies.