Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to burn atmega code into the controller chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafees_eee

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
atmega code

very much thanks in advance

and can anyone tell me how to burn the code written in AVR studio for atmega IC in to the chip?... i mean to ask how to transfer the code written for atmega into the controler..

what kit is needed for it? what is the procedure?
is it possible to make the kit by ourself

how to burn atmega16

you can use avrstudio to program it, or avrprog, avrdude, there are many programs.
do a search for avr910. You will find a schematic included. You will need to burn the file for the avr910 programmer in the 90S2313 or the 90S1200 (whichever one you choose).

If you don't have a programmer to program the 910 file, you can build the atmel stk 200/300 cable. This one runs on the parallel port which is troublesome on many motherboards. You will need to search for AVRISP in the atmel website.

Avr910 is by far the most reliable because the microcontroller controls the timing, and it works for any PC regardless of the operating system.

Good luck

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
burn atmega

to burn you need ".hex" file and small h/w(programmer) and burner software called programmer software.

some are the examples isp , spi etc.

how to burn into a chip

I started with AT-PROG long ago, but switched to PonyProg because it has no limitation for program size and the fuse bits programing is more intuitive.

www.lancos.com/prog.html

Reactions: paparve

paparve

V

how to burn a code on to chip

hi
u can easily make hardware for porgraming using a serial cable and just few resistors and diode if u skip power supply section in schematic as given on lancos.com ,and use pony prog software in serial mode,set properties from I/o Port setup dialogue,try checking INVERT RESET if u get problem in programing .
Shakeel

V

how to burn a program to chip

thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back