Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10x times power generation from x input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIREN DAVE

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,

Is it possible to store 1 mW power for required time and take 10 mW for some time?? whatever charging time i don't care but my output should be 10 times than input. I have only 1 source i.e. 1mW.

This is what rechargable batteries are for.

You can also charge a capacitor by a low current, then discharge it by ten times larger current. This is how "harvesters" operate. The details depend on the power level.

battery and capacitor both can be used but usually the battery will be used for this purpose, you can choose by your voltage level and current levels........

Usually a camera flasher is 20 times more powerful than the battery can supply, there will be a capacitor charging and if you press the capture it will be fired through the flasher...

ok got it.
which battery should i use? can i use mobile battery which require 1w for charging? any circuit? any direct ic available??

ok. I have a point source of 0.75V and 1.4mA. i.e. 1mW. Now i want to charge my mobile battery using this point source. is it possible?

you cant charge a mobile battery directly, because it is 3.7 V your source voltage shd be more than the battery voltage to charge it...

But you can seriesly connect your 6 sources to charge the battery...........

Ofcourse you can't charge your battery. You can think it like this, let say you have a tank on your roof and now you want to fill this tank with a water. You have motor on your ground floor. So if your want to drive water up in the tank then you should need a powerful water motor.
Here, roof tank is analogous to mobile battery,
motor is a battery from which you want to charge the mobile.

Actually, when you charge the mobile then it has some potential in it stored which act as a counter source for that one from which you are charging your mobile. So first you need to overcome that voltage then the remaining voltages charge your battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back