Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100MHz square wave generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttse7

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I need to build a circuit which can output a 100MHz square wave. Probably there is no IC to do this. Can anybody here help?

Thanks a lot

There are crystal oscillators which outputs this freq., you can look for them at uk.farnell.com for example.

/pisoiu

Thanks, but what I need is a square wave, output from crystall oscillator usually is sine wave.

Hi,

No, there are some crystal osc. chips that produce square waves, you should check it out.

Regards,
Shohdy

Outputs from crystal quartz may be sine, but usually crystal oscillators outputs square wave, 50% duty cycle. Another reason for which you may see such high freq. as sine wave may be the bandwidth of your oscilloscope.

/pisoiu

Crystal oscillators around 100MHz may come in ACMOS/HCMOS which
will give about 3ns rise/fall time. PECL may give you about 2ns.
You might say these are not "square", but how square do you want?
And why?
Not many people have access to test equipment to check the "squareness"
in this range.
The most important thing may be the pupose of specifying "square wave"
in the first place. Jitter may be also important.

S. H.

sorry to whom have answered my question and I am very grateful to your help.

I forget to mention that the peak voltages of the square wave is +5V and -5V. The usage of this square wave is to drive a Step Recovery Diode.

Thanks for your answer again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back