Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

-100 Volts (10mA) from +20V

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandopg

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi fellows,

I am looking forward a voltage converter, preferentially an IC because of the little area I have, to converter +20VDC to -100VDC able to supply 10mA max. This is to reverse bias a series of PIN diodes in a high power RF switch circuit.

Anyone can give me a direction on this ?

Thank you and have all a great New Year,

NandoPG

Hi Fellows,
I found the solution that proved to be very good for my application. I used a Ringing-Choque DC-DC Converter topology and everything came up nice and smooth.

I assembled a prototype and got my -100 Volts driving 40mA to an external load from +20 VDC power supply. Ripple was surprisingly good, 25mVpp using a 47uF/450V filter capacitor for an oscillation frequency of 6KHz. This means 72dB ripple attenuation !!

The reference I used for the design was the old book: RCA Designers Handbook for Solid State Power Circuits pg 301-314. There are typos on some expressions but pretty easy to track them down.

Happy New Year !!

NandoPG

Status
Not open for further replies.