Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 100% Repair Of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
mann.creative said:
santapg plz help me...
kunlao said:
wheres santapg...hope he get back soon...:D
pranam77 said:
Nice to know about your efforts. But do you really get time to see all the contacts links given here? Coz the thread you started:

has already 3-4 pages of querry's waiting for your reply since your last reply on 3rd DEC 2007 after which you never answered any post. Thanks for remembering EDA board for posting your advt of the classes. Do regularely login and answer the needy. Cheers
Hope he'll come back soon. He was just here few days back for his advertising his new Course to be started on Mother board repairing. Needy people who expect help, can directly contact him at below addresses

www.compudrivesystem.com
info(at)compudrivesystem.com
sandipgolani(at)yahoo.com
sandipgolani(at)skype.com
sandipgolani(at)gmail.com
+91 033 2492 5363
+91 98310 92629

have acer extensa 5630 ez. It wont power on with battery or mains supply, At first it would power on after waiting 5 mins , this then extended to hours then days and now its weeks before i can power it up again. I have noticed that it will power on from sleep mode or if i press restart but if i close it down or put it into hibernation it will be weeks before it will power on again.pressing the power on button when its on mains power just causes the green light to go out. On battery only if i press power button on rapidly about 5 times an led orange light flickers I have tried the so called power reset and reseated the ram but these remedies have no effect. Have been on net and there is lot of people having this problem with this model…. i would appreciate any help.. Thanks

Latitude E4300 Touchpad Problem

Hi got one Dell Latitude E4300 with touchpad not working. On keyboard connector pin 6 was shorten and burn out all pad. On open circuit there is 5V, but with keyboard connected drops down to 1.5v. I think this pin is power supply for backlight for kbd and for touchpad. It will be great if anybody can tell me where goes this pin 6 of kbd connector or pinout description of this connector?
Thanks in advance

Hay there Can you please give me a Schematic for a dell latitude D800
Motherboard Type
DDQ12 LA-1901 DELL D800

Hi Sandip,

I have HP Pavillion laptop that DVD drive stopped working. I tried replacing it with another DVD drive without success. I am guessing that mobo might have defective IDE interface, not sure how troubleshoot further and fix.

Hi Sandip,

I have a desktop motherboard asrock AliveNF7G-FullHD it doesn't power up i replace the power supply but doesn't solve my problem. When i switch on the motherboard the power don't switch on.
Sir pls. can you give me the schematic of the mobo or a solution to my problem.

tnx sir..............

Hello,
I've got a laptop of a friend of mine which appears to have been hacked. When noticed we started checking the laptop and it was loaded with virusses (troyans etc) and other sh#t. So I started cleaning it. I also found out he did not have his internet connection secured (well he's a dummy) and changed that as well. Finally all was clean and protected but the next day the laptop was completely dead. In the store they told my friend that his laptop indeed was hacked and the hacker must have discovered us cleaning the laptop and must have put some additional programme on the laptop or changed its BIOS as a revenge: and now it seems to be dead.

Now, when starting up the laptop (MEDION LIFE, MD 96622, MIM2320 with Vista) all that happens is:
LED's lighten up: 2nd (power: continuous), 1st (WLAN blinks once), last (checking CDROM-drive) and 2 beeps. Screen remains black. This procedures repeats itself 10 times and then just the 2nd LED stays on.

keyboard is locked, screen stays black, won't start from bootable CD nor from bootable USB-stick
Already unplugged it, removed harddisk, big battery, the much smaller "watch" battery and pressed power button for 60 seconds to reset the BIOS.

connecting an external screen won't work: can only be activated by pressing Fn+F5 so it cannot be executed
external Keyboard (USB) won't start either so USB-ports must also be locked

I don't know what to do anymore to get this laptop working again. Is it really dead? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

hi, if we have different brand and model laptops for installation of OS, definitely we need the drivers for the particular laptop. Any suggestion how we get the drivers for various laptops, including old models?

I have a Dell Latitude D610, boot failed due to a bad bios, I want to try to recovery the bios.
It seems that most bios has a bootblock module which can boot to do the bios recovery, I have tried by many methods, all failed.
Currently, I can boot the laptop D610 to bootblock now, no display, but I can find system is reading floppy, while there is no the right file it need, it shutdown soon.

This method is working well on Dell Latitude D620, do you know about how can be work on D610?

redalerthan said:
I have a Dell Latitude D610, boot failed due to a bad bios, I want to try to recovery the bios.
It seems that most bios has a bootblock module which can boot to do the bios recovery, I have tried by many methods, all failed.
Currently, I can boot the laptop D610 to bootblock now, no display, but I can find system is reading floppy, while there is no the right file it need, it shutdown soon.

This method is working well on Dell Latitude D620, do you know about how can be work on D610?

I have get it recovered totally, thanks.

Hi Sandip Golani this is anup shetty from goa. i am in chip level repairing of laptop and desktop motherboard, recently i fineshed my study of chip level repairing, but i cannot repair the motherboards, so i wanted to know that u are having any book on chip level reapairing of motherboard, so that i can read any repair the board, please help me with this.

Hi Sandp,

I have a Clevo M54N. The LCD backlight was not working but I can see faint display. I changed the inverter but still doesnt light up. tried the inverter on another laptop but it functions. what could be wrong?

Added after 1 minutes:

By the way. tried putting in another LCD from same unit but backlight still off. could it be the mobo?

Hello! I'm glad to see that there are people decent enough to help the public out there. I hope you can help me with this problem.

I have a Dell D520 laptop. When I plug the computer into the power supply, the light on the power supply turns off. I have tried another power supply an had the same problem (both are Dell OE by the way.) Obviously, I have no power whatsoever on the laptop. I have removed all the components and now have the motherboard sitting out with only a processor and memory in it. I have tried removing the memory sticks and using good known memory and had no luck with it. I have had two repair technicians tell me that it is a common problem for these Dells and it requires SMT soldering on the motherboard. Neither of them would tell me what this "common problem" is or how to repair it. I am comfortable with SMT soldering and would like to attempt a repair if it is at all possible, but I could not for the life of me diagnose a circuit board issue of this type.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Matt

original multimedia CDs shown as blank in laptop

i've compaq presario laptop.
from one morning it started showing some multimedia CDs(original CDs,not pirate) as blank which were running previously on the same laptop(some other CDs are running smoothly). the same CDs are running on other systems. i've searched for a solution, but did not get any .

it is having registered vista home edition and was updating.

is the problem due to any updations in the software?

pl help

seema

hi all

i have an asus A6000 with A6T motherboard.A week ago suddenly my laptop stopped to work.I search for a while and i found this awesome site with very good and reliable tips for laptop.So lets talk about my problem and see if you can help me.You have to know that allready change the motherboard by asus as defective so this one is brand new.I doublecked everything on the motherboard after i took it apart the main power adapter is ok as i measure it with multitester same thing i done with the motherboard the power passes through the variable chips.when i press the power button the leds flashing for about 3 sec and then nothing.the fan of the cpu dont turn on but i can hear the hdd trying spinning as the dvd player.After a lot of studying through internet included this site i understand that my computer cant pass the self on test fase and shutsdown.I allready know that this type of laptop have a problem with gpu chip could be it and if yes how i can resolve the problem?could something else like a defective component?everything on my motherboard looks great as brand new nothing signs of burned or bad caps.Please help me i am desperate thank you

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Latitude E4300 Touchpad Problem

surfman said:
Hi got one Dell Latitude E4300 with touchpad not working. On keyboard connector pin 6 was shorten and burn out all pad. On open circuit there is 5V, but with keyboard connected drops down to 1.5v. I think this pin is power supply for backlight for kbd and for touchpad. It will be great if anybody can tell me where goes this pin 6 of kbd connector or pinout description of this connector?
Thanks in advance

Where is the bios or is it on the underside of motherboard . Can paperclip metod do .
/Curre

hi i have samsung r60 plus with dead mother board there is power coming true dc jack i checked components around the dc jack and some of them are belling out and some of them give a reading now there is 2 big components called c4 c5 they dont bell out or give a reading im just wondering am i doing some thing wrong could this be the problem or could you tell how to actually test them thanks

Hi all!
I am very glad to find this forum, and i hope i can help somebody, and also that someone will help me. I'm not very good at chip-level mobo laptop repairs...
I am trying to repair this one:

HP Compaq 6715b
Completely dead, charger is ok, fuse is ok, no burned components, no leaky capacitors, no running leds, everything is dead

can u please tell me what steps must i take to find the failure?

it has a max8760 near bat connector. maybe there is the problem? but i don't know how to check...

please help!

lord_croatia said:
anyone?

darko

Added after 4 minutes:

znas kako bratac prvo proveri sve diode na kje naidjes , da nije koja probila, pa onda ukljuci laptop i proveri pipanjem da ti se ne greje koji cip, tranzistor ili invertor! to ti je najstarija metoda! zatim proveri dobija li procesor uopste napon , ako ne onda ti je nesto u mrezi , vidi da ti se nije koji kondenzatorcic ili tranzistorcic rascvetao... za to ce ti trebati lupa!

Status
Not open for further replies.