Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 100% Repair Of Laptop & Desktop Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

santapg

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
laptop motherboard repair guide

Hi! I am Sandip Golani engaged in chip-level repairing of Laptop & desktop motherboard, If Any one of u have any problem, Pls. Place u r question in the forum, I will reply over here. I am Ready to share my 15 years experiance with EDAboard.com. My Website Address Is www.compudrivesystem.com.

desktop motherboard repair

yes. I have an Inpisron 1500 Dell laptop. It has a DVD compo . It can read DVD only but can bot read CDs. what is the problem?

sandip golani

Hi,

I have messed with my laptop 5 months ago, I was then experimenting on the parallel port barely with some transistors and suddenly these transistors "feedback" a signal spike to the port and shut off dead my laptop, I was trying to repair it but when I opened it, none of the chips inside is burnt,

btw, my laptop model is Compaq Evo N600C

what chip should I be focusing on, I have also a repair manual of it, but it doesnt help me

I'll be waiting for some response

cheers!
the_risk_master:cry:

Reactions: benygiurgiu

benygiurgiu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

how to test laptop motherboard

Hi! FM-COM-28

Atlest can give your name. There is a preset at the bottom of the cd drive lens, rotate it to allign it, but very slowly or allignment of dvd will also get distrub.

Find out the preset. Its under the optical head.

Bye

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi! The Risk Master

Its Sandip Golani. See parallel port is directly connected to LPC. Stands for Low Pin Count IC, its is generally 128 pin ic Quad Pack. But I Doubt that a decoupling cap. has shorted therefore the laptop has konged off.

Check all decoupling cap. there will be 17 in nos. 8 in data line, 4 in control line and 5 in status line.

Bye

Replay what happens.

how to test a laptop motherboard

No More Query today

Sandip Golani

laptop circuits

Don't leave your battery unused for long periods of time. Even if you use AC power most of the time, use the battery regularly to keep it in good condition. Switch off your AC adapter when the laptop is not in use. This prevents overcharging.

To extend battery life, you can try decreasing the LCD brightness while using your notebook. You can activate the `Standby' and `Hibernation' power saving modes, too, for better battery life, you can put off the Wi-Fi when not in use.

If you do not use your laptop for extended periods of time-a week or more remove the battery pack from the laptop, but only after discharging it fully.
No eating and drinking near or around your laptop. The least bit of water could short-circuit some sensitive laptop circuits, and render it useless.

You may sometimes be tempted to turn your laptop off by simply holding down the power button until it powers down. Although quick, this method is harmful to the laptop and could cause data loss. A hard reboot should only be used as a last resort. Sometimes this is inevitable, for instance, when Windows hangs. But this should not be a regular practice.

Don't subject your laptop to jerks and shocks. This will help avoid damage to your hard drive. Preferably, power the notebook off before moving it from one place to another.

External peripherals and accessories such as external optical drives, PC cards and USB keyboard lights draw power from the notebook. Disconnect such devices when not in use.

Booting the notebook when it is not connected to a power source draws a lot of power from the battery. Instead of shutting down your laptop in the middle of a meeting, choose the `Suspend' mode if you wish to use it again after just a short interval. This will save battery and help you restart your work faster.

If you have just shut down your laptop, give it 30 seconds before you start it up again. This ensures that the hard drive has spun down, and is not subjected to sudden switching on and off.

Don’t put on the laptop keeping of cloth or bed because generally the air flow is from bottom, regular doing so may reduce the life of laptop circuit.

Don’t press very hard the laptop keyboard because, if damaged can cost very high, therefore while playing game use external keyboard.

Hope u readers will like it

test laptop motherboard

Monday i will be posting tips on purchasing secondhand laptop.

testing laptop motherboard

1. Laptop is used to carry from place to place…so people who travel a lot must think of the weight of the laptop.
2. Every battery has a lifetime. So going for a Laptop with hardly any battery backup is not suggested. Minimum of 45 minutes battery backup is very necessary. So while purchasing the secondhand laptop please keep in mind to check the laptop only on battery for minimum 30 minutes and also keep an eye on battery usage indicator.
3. Carry with yourself an audio, video & Blank CD/DVD so that u can check the audio section and video section of the laptop including the CD/DVD read/write test.
4. Run the scandisk utility available in all versions of windows and check for bad sector in hard disk.
5. Take with yourself any external device like thumb drive to test the USB port.
6. Take with yourself SD memory card to test Card Reader (If the option is available on the laptop)
7. Take any good floppy to test the floppy drive (Any how current Laptops are not coming with Floppy Drive)
8. Take an external headphone and microphone to test the external audio port.
9. Attach the laptop to the external monitor to check the external VGA port is working or not.
10. Open any word file and check all the keys are working or not.
11. Check for battery charging for 5 to 10 minutes and see the battery indicator is showing charging.
12. Press the window and the break keys on the keyboard and see the amount of RAM and CPU details. Further chick the hardware option and then the Device manager to see all driver are installed or not. There should be no Exclamation mark.
13. Slide the LCD screen slowly on the hinges and check any flicker on the display if so there may be a problem on the connector cable driving the LCD circuit of the laptop.
14. Also check the Modem, Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Port if available on your laptop to be purchased (Do only if you know) I will be writing on these subject next.
15. Check the laptop minimum for 45 minutes to see whether laptop hangs or restarts or shutdowns.
16. See the Laptop User manual and Driver CD are there with the Laptop.
17. See that u get a laptop carry case, otherwise u have to purchase one.
18. If all the conditions meets out OK and within your budget just go for it.
19. Happy LAPTOPing.

how to repair desktop motherboard

hi sant
I am 845chip set intel orginal motherboard,which is troubling almost a year.i replaced twice with intel,but problem continues..problem is thermal heating?its shutting down automatically after 15-20 min from boot up.give me solution?I am really fed up with this?help me out?

laptop motherboard fuses

Hi Sandip Golani,

Sorry for the long wait, Okay, there's the LPC with decoupling caps, how should I check those? (sorry for my ignorant questions, and please keep this thread alive I need to fix my laptop)

Thanks all, esp. to s. golani

the_risk_master

sony pcg-k86p wireless adapter not connecting

the_risk_master said:
Hi,

I have messed with my laptop 5 months ago, I was then experimenting on the parallel port barely with some transistors and suddenly these transistors "feedback" a signal spike to the port and shut off dead my laptop, I was trying to repair it but when I opened it, none of the chips inside is burnt,

btw, my laptop model is Compaq Evo N600C

what chip should I be focusing on, I have also a repair manual of it, but it doesnt help me

I'll be waiting for some response

cheers!
the_risk_master:cry:

i would look closer at the psu section

as your laptop is dead its very likely that a small ceramic fuse has gone
on or around the +5v supply
its even more likely its this if you were drawing the power from the laptops +5vrail for your 'experiment' as all the i/os are double buffered it wont be the main driver i/c or the decoupling caps 'highly unlikely'

most newer laptops use surface mount fuses or they are resistors marked 000
some are small glass looking resistor sized
and have a squiggle of metal in a zigzag
or they can be the only of one or two thru hole type resistors
or can be square long tube made of ceramic and are white

youll find the main ones on the board that connects the battery and not sometimes on the main board

a tip is this

all the chips in a chipset must pass a post test for operation of a boot
the machine beeps and then boots ? do the lights come on any??
or is it dead as dead
if lights come on then its an individual chips supply thats missing
if no lights at all its the main supply rails to the whole main board

if it were a periferal like memory cards
or mpu missing keyboard etc
then the beep sequence will appear
daa da da da forinstance is a memory problem

faulty supply to a chip in the chipset or a fried chip in the set
will not allow even the beeps just lights

fm_com_28 said:
yes. I have an Inpisron 1500 Dell laptop. It has a DVD compo . It can read DVD only but can bot read CDs. what is the problem?

as for the cdrom that wont read cd's except at boot time but will work ok with dvd
when in windows but not cd in windows

i notice you said it will boot a cd disk
therefore its better to look to windows etc as the problem

the drive is NOT bad
and DONT adjust the focus balance pot as mentioned above
or youll kill the drive for good
if your going to at least draw a marker accross it
so as to put it back when you find out its not bad

its just the windows driver windows has decided to use

some internal drives in laptops need there own ide drivers to be able to address the drive properly in all modes
some use special software to make the drive read quietly and this can cause an issue
if you can get a fresh ide 2.5" drive and attach it and install a plain copy of windows xp sp1
im sure then it will work

Added after 3 minutes:

meetspraveen said:
hi sant
I am 845chip set intel orginal motherboard,which is troubling almost a year.i replaced twice with intel,but problem continues..problem is thermal heating?its shutting down automatically after 15-20 min from boot up.give me solution?I am really fed up with this?help me out?

the heat pipe on the cpu cooling has a developed a 'fracture'
the pipe carries away heat to the main cooler from the mpu

you could find your battery voltage has climbed
yes climbed
some battery packs get so bad
they output a couple of volts more causing thermal stress
try a new battery and a different psu

if this isnt a laptop as you didnt say then its more likely the mpu is gubbed and has become past its normal spec so replace it esp if
its also in a socket and it is indeed a laptop you have remember you need a mobile type chip

this problems can be caused by another drive or part next to or around the system tempreture detector and not always the main board

see what tempreture it shuts down becouse of is it system or mpu ?? overheat

hbl50 la-2922p

Hi Members

Sorry For Delay Today Busy I will Replay Tomorrow.

Thanks

symptom of short mother board circuit

what happened no query on EDA board

packard bell e2316 broken laptops

have desktop made by polar
when first boot get to the windows logo
and freezes if i press reset next boot from menu (windows failed to load)select normal boot
boots ok works all day
why not boot first time?
have tried new psu new memory new motherboard batery
was windows 98 have upgraded to me
still same
thans vince

repair desktop motherboard

Hi Sandip,

I'm not sure if you can help or not, but my PC has been playing up for a while now. A few months ago it started overheating (and shutting down), for no discernable reason, the vents were clear the fans were all working, but the case was quite hot. This only lasted for a couple of days, and it seemed to be OK, however it is still running quite hot. And when I first boot my PC, the fan monitor (ASUS probe) tells me that my CPU fan is not spinning (which of course it is), for about a minute, then it seems to be able to sense it's speed and the warning goes away.

Apart from the fan warning and the heat, everything seems to be fine.

The MB is an ASUS a7n8x v2 delux with a Athlon xp2500.

Cheers,

Nick

laptop motherboard fuse

i have trouble with my laptop (toshiba tecra8000)
fl inverter with part no UA0392P06 is dead, so my laptop lcd shown dark
(ccfl / neon backlight lamp and fuse is fine)

i try to find schematic / circuit for it (fl inverter) but never come to me.

can you help me with my trouble, please give me schematic for fl inverter or anything about fl inverter ; how it works, basic circuit, etc

thanks before :D

laptop motherboard testing

Hi Sandeep,

I have a problem with my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop. when I slide the LCD
It display some lines or rainbow of colours.I want to know the problem is in
connector cable or TFT

Reactions: BEBE

santapg

BEBE

laptop motherboard tester

hanaphie said:
i have trouble with my laptop (toshiba tecra8000)
fl inverter with part no UA0392P06 is dead, so my laptop lcd shown dark
(ccfl / neon backlight lamp and fuse is fine)

i try to find schematic / circuit for it (fl inverter) but never come to me.

can you help me with my trouble, please give me schematic for fl inverter or anything about fl inverter ; how it works, basic circuit, etc

thanks before :D

Hi Henapaie

It is a basic osc circuit or a simple invertor circuit u can also use any invertor circuit which converts DC 18 volts to AC 150 to 180 volts

Sandip Golani

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi

Your PC Asus motherboard is overheating it is due to over current drawn by may be the CPU or the North Bidge IC, or it can also be CPU core regulator is running under currrent. This needs a complete checkup in CHIP LEVEL. SO if u can proceed tell me i will guide..

Sandip Golani

Status
Not open for further replies.