Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1-wire DS2450 AD converter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockerman

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ds2450

Hi,

I need to solve the following problem:

I have DS2450 (1-wire AD converter) and want to control it by 3.3V microcontroller. Problem is that DS2450 requires 5V power supply to operate.
Does anybody have any simple idea how to create 5V for DS2450 in 3.3 system without using too many other circuits ? System is powered from battery, so no other external supply more that 3.6V is available.
The solution should be low-power.

ANy help appreciated.

Thanks

DS2450

Hi

I plan to build something of the DS2450 myself so I am interested to know more of your plans. For the voltage you can use a step up converter, there are many ones around, so I cannot give some exact advice about a circuit but I have used mc34063 and it was cheap (and worked) but check maxim and motorola and others

Check here:
123.nomad.ee/micros/mc34063a/index.shtml
123.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/661/ln/en

For DS2450 check parasite powering here:

hxxp://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/arpdf/AppNotes/app147.pdf

You know what to do with the xx and 123...

Good luck

totaly out of the subject...
can you tell me why you replace some letters from url's ?
for fun ? to escape CIA ?
when the data is confidential, i understand such practice, but here it's public so.. why ??

Hi,

I have some experience with MC34063. However, this step-up converter is too "hangry" for my application. It's power consumption is too high. I would prefer inductorless design. There are few charge pumps from MAXIM (e.g MAX768, MAX1686, etc ) however the ripple volatge is too high. Any other idea?

Thanks
Lm

DS2490

Hi

Ok I understand, I havent used them but linear.com/prod/pft.html has alot of efficient step up converters. If I remember correctly they have inductorless ones aswell with low ripple.¨

Check MAX619 and LTC3200 they are inductorless (just 2 examples), havent checked ripple and so on.
Use their parametric search, just choose 3.3v in 5v out, inductorless and so on. I hope this helps you and that Mr France is upset once again...

Good luck

Hi lockerman,

when the ripple of a charge-pump is to high, why not use a charge-pump
and additional an LDO linear voltage-regulator? 2 more components
(the LDO and 1 cap) and you have a correct supply (important for analog
circuits).

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor