Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 Kilogram-force in upward direction = force which is able to lift 1 Kilogram of mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi@eda

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The kilogram-force (kgf or kgF) is a gravitational metric unit of force. It is equal to the magnitude of the force exerted by one kilogram of mass in a 9.80665 m/s2 gravitational field - Wiki

So that states that a 5 Kilogram force upwards can lift a 5 Kilogram of mass in earths gravity,which is 9.8N

like wise,a 100Kgf can lift 100Kg of mass....
so please tell me if my assumption is right or wrong

Yes

I think you meant 9.8 m/s²

yes,sorry,was a typo, i meant 9.8 m/s^2

i mean ,the earths gravity which is 1 Newton = which is 9.8 m/s^2,so so a 0.98kg of mass /0.98Kilogram-force would have `9.8 newtons of force,if i am right?

Last edited:

i mean ,the earths gravity which is 1 Newton = which is 9.8 m/s^2

Maybe you wrote in a hurry,1 Newton is not equal to 9.8m/s^2. Newton is a unit of force.
1 Newton = 1kg * 1 m/s^2 = 1kg-m/s^2.

1 kgf is equal to the magnitude of the force exerted by one kilogram of mass in a 9.8 m/s2 gravitational field.
So, a 0.98kg of mass exerts 0.98 kgf or in equivalent terms 0.98 * 9.8 = 9.604 N.
1 kgf = 9.8 N , 0.98 kgf = 9.604 N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back