Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-50V 0-10A Variable SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still wiser to regulate fan with a thermistor and low overhead air flow plenum.

Often, the Core is hotspot, ... epoxy thermistor to core then with twisted pair to board header, etc or hardwire for rugged applications.

I have designed fan control circuit such that fan speed is proportional to current. What is the benefit of adding a thermistor ?

Often, the Core is hotspot, ... epoxy thermistor to core then with twisted pair to board header, etc or hardwire for rugged applications.

Now i got it. Other problem is how to feed NCP163 and other PWM IC and opamps. I have used TOP246YN but i dont want to use it in deed. I have always heard that this TOP ICs are so vulnerable. Do you have any suggestion to feed PFC, PWM ICs and opamps ? You have stated to use 2 fans. 2 fans in parallel or in series ?

I would use a micrel integrated chip boost converter (or sepic etc) to provide the startup voltage to your chip.....then it can disable itself, or you just leave it in there. I think its MICXXXX or MIC33XX or something....good and few components, as the fet is in the control chip,
that is your voltage is not quite right, as u described, so use the micrel to get it to what you want.

We are able to find MC34063 here. Can u suggest it to use for supplying NCP1653 ? I will set the output voltage as 16V for NCP1653 so no problem will appear i guess. But still i need isolated supplies for UC3844, opamps and fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.