Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(Dynamic) array in Simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzushky

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Hello again,

Well my ideas seem to surpass Simulink lately. One of them would be the following:

I have a Matlab code which is a Viterbi algorithm. At a certain point it uses 4 5-length arrays and a pointer to write in the array at the specified position by the pointer which goes from 1 to 5 and also to read from the arrays at the position (pointer +1), ( if pointer reaches 6 it jumps back to 1, it is for the output of the decision for 5 symbols ago, I have trabceback delay 5)

Now, I thought of describing the algorithm (which is very simple, I get an input sample, I compute differences with 6 theoretical levels and get 8 path metrics, it is a 4 state trellis, then compare the metrics two by two, keep the surviving one in each group, then compare the 4 surviving metrics and get the smallest.) It is the index of the smallest which helps point to one of the 4 arrays which actually hold the surviving inpput decisions, with the hellp of the pointer which helps bring me 5 steps back.

But Simulink has no arrays which I could use . I only found Look Up Tables, Dynamic tables, but none allow me to modifiy their data (I need to read and write at indicated positions...)

So if anyone Knows if something like what I need, basically a dynamic array with possiblity of inputting it's components... I would be very greatful for a little insight.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back